Letterbox Shipping £1.95 | Standard Shipping £4.99
Lewes Shops - The Ultimate Guide
We opened the doors to Closet & Botts in the January of 2014. We could see a gap in the market for a homeware store that made vintage style easy to transfer into the home. We were instantly welcomed to the high street and have been supported my regular local customers as well as visitors since. Lewes is lucky enough to have an abundance of fabulous independent shops catering to a wide range of styles. It's a town that thrives on being a historic destination and having beautiful independent shops, pubs and restaurants is all part of the experience.
Here is a small selection of some of our favourite shops to visit in Lewes
1. Closet & Botts - Not to be big headed but we rather like our own shop and think it deserves a place in this list. If we stumbled across it in another town then I am pretty sure we would very much enjoy a browse. We created the shop we would like to shop in ourselves. Next time you are in Lewes, make sure you stop by and say hello.
2. Wickle - Opened in 2006 by Elisabeth and Scott, Wickle is a fabulous mini department store situated just down the hill from us on the High street.
"Our style mixes our love for vintage and classic design with a clear influence of Elisabeth's Norwegian heritage."
"We work hard to put together a collection of homeware, clothing, toys, gifts, accessories and everyday useful items for the whole family sourced from companies that share our vison of always being fair and ethical."
3. From Victoria - Run by the lovely Victoria herself, From Victoria is a beautiful plant and lifestyle shop. Victoria has created a beautiful space filled with plants, dried flowers an interior gifts.
4. Radical Giving - Run by the lovely Milly, Radical Giving is fairly new to lewes but is already a firm favourite. As well as selling a lovely selection of bits for the home, books and gifts, they also run regular workshops and events in things like pottery and jewellery making.
5. Freight - Established by Helene and Adele in 2014, Freight is a beautifully curated interior shop selling a range of homeware and clothes largely produced in the UK.
"We are both passionate advocates of good design which drives not only our business but our everyday lives. We work hard to design products which we hope will fit in to your daily life and become firm favourites."
6. Kings Framers - A family run business established in 1993, as the name suggests is mainly a framing shop but they also sell a fabulous range of gifts and greeting cards. Peta King, one of the owners, also produces a collection a beautiful pressed botanicals available to buy in the shop and online.